Virtual Pandemonium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different

+8
faceless-number
danielpain
K@R10$ M33
Vash403
Guitar_Master
kidcash37
xDanny123x
havoc802
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Empty Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different

Post by havoc802 Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:25 pm

Since we were talking about GTA IV in the Mafia II topic I thought this would be useful for people who are planning to buy GTA IV. This is old news but not everyone saw this before.

I got all the information from Wikipedia.
http://www.answers.com/topic/grand-theft-auto-iv?cat=entertainment

Differences from previous Grand Theft Auto games

• The May 2007 issue of Game Informer reveals that after the initial load sequence, no such occurrences persist when entering/exiting buildings or crossing islands. The extent of the loadtime-free expectation in the game has also been commented on, when a Rockstar spokesperson claimed: "You can basically play the game from beginning to end without a single load screen."

• The player will not be able to fly aeroplanes, unlike some previous instalments of the Grand Theft Auto series. Helicopters, however, will be flyable onto any building rooftop. There is also a confirmed airport.

• Details are also revealed that demonstrate how variations in the terrain cause the way the character walks to change. The way the player moves is controlled by a physics engine instead of purely pre-written animations, therefore enabling character movements to be more realistic. Rockstar Games announced that Euphoria by NaturalMotion would be used in future Rockstar titles in a press release that accompanied the second trailer, confirming that Euphoria would indeed be used in the game.

• The player will also be able to perform a variety of new actions such as climbing telephone poles, fire escapes and pushing people who bump into him, and calling a woman for a date. When selecting the mobile phone, a zoomed-in version of the mobile screen pops up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and a list of several commands are made available to the player, such as "meet me here," etc.

• Bellic’s outfit can be changed throughout the game; however, it will not be possible to customize his physique or hairstyle as in San Andreas.

• Stealing a parked car can no longer be done simply by opening the door and driving off. Now it involves Niko approaching the car unnoticed, breaking the glass with his elbow, before hot-wiring it - only then can he use it. Also, there will be several animation variations to sneaking up to a car and breaking it. The way Niko enters the car would look different each time depending where and how he is in relation to the car. Because of the NaturalMotion system used in the game, the way the character will approach the car will be completely random. The trunks of cars will also be utilised by the player, though specific details are unknown. Furthermore, players will be able to choose from four different camera views whilst in a car according to their needs. The player will also be able to control vehicles such as boats and helicopters.

• The Police AI and star wanted levels now operate differently. When the police are in search of Niko, the player will now have to avoid a certain radius marked on the map in which the police will be looking for him. The size of this radius will increase with the player's wanted level (the more stars, the bigger the radius) and also re-centres itself on Niko's location if he is spotted by the police. Instead of utilising the 'Pay'N'Spray' as in previous games, Niko can now more realistically disguise himself by clandestinely changing vehicles in empty areas such as parking garages, a feature seen in the video game Mafia. Additionally, pedestrians can now report crimes such as car-jacking.

• When Niko pulls out a weapon, the camera positions itself above his shoulder, and a view-finder appears at the centre of the screen. It's possible to lock a target and move laterally to avoid incoming shots. Hand to hand combat is also being reworked, and will feel "much more natural" than before.

• The gunfight system has been reworked to feel natural by utilising a Gears of War-style cover system, reason being that the combat system in previous games were awkward and cumbersome.

• Niko will be able to travel around the city in buses, taxis and trains. Bus timings can be viewable at bus stops although nothing else has been confirmed. While in a taxi Niko can pay the driver more to go faster, or he can just listen to the radio and watch the city go past.

• It has been revealed that every street in the game will have a name for the reason that some missions will require the player to go to a specific address.

• In addition to the mobile phone, Rockstar has revealed that the player will also make use of the Internet as a means of communication. Although the exact details of the role of the Internet in the game are being kept under wraps, it has been revealed in a GamesTM Magazine article that Niko can access the web from various cybercafes (one of which is called "TW@") in order to upload his resume for prospective employers

Last edited by havoc802 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
havoc802
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 2541
Xbox GT : havoc802
Registration date : 2007-11-13

http://myspace.com/havoc802

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different

Post by xDanny123x Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:47 pm

I heard GTA 4 was going to start at liberty city (where its also at GTA 3 and GTA LCS)
xDanny123x
xDanny123x
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3310
Xbox GT : xDanny123x
PSN : xDanny123x
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Icon_king
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different

Post by kidcash37 Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:52 pm

dat liberty city is gonna look like ny.
kidcash37
kidcash37
Professional (lvl 8)
Professional (lvl 8)

Male Number of posts : 625
PSN : 3.90 ofw
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different 249977
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://daspot.go-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by xDanny123x Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:53 pm

I know but when is it coming out?
xDanny123x
xDanny123x
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kidcash37 Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:56 pm

april from da last i heared im not sure.
kidcash37
kidcash37
Professional (lvl 8)
Professional (lvl 8)

Back to top Go down

Post by xDanny123x Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:57 pm

damn I need a ps3 or a 360
xDanny123x
xDanny123x
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by havoc802 Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 pm

360 goodjob2
havoc802
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_Master Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:03 pm

havoc802 wrote:360 goodjob2
yes but i got ps3
Guitar_Master
Guitar_Master
Nerd (lvl 7)
Nerd (lvl 7)

Male Number of posts : 468
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different 634529
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.myspace.com/guitarghf

Back to top Go down

Post by xDanny123x Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:04 pm

well I might get a ps3
xDanny123x
xDanny123x
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kidcash37 Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:09 pm

i like ps3 better and da internet is free un like 360 .
kidcash37
kidcash37
Professional (lvl 8)
Professional (lvl 8)

Back to top Go down

Post by xDanny123x Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:10 pm

yeah so I'll get a ps3
xDanny123x
xDanny123x
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by havoc802 Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:31 pm

kidcash37 wrote:i like ps3 better and da internet is free un like 360 .

its free but its crap compared to xbox live, and xbox live has way more games than ps3 too.
havoc802
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash403 Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:45 pm

W8 how is the internet exactly on the Ps3 cause iv had experience on the 360
Vash403
Vash403
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 1023
PSN : 4.01M33-2 TIME MACHINE=1.50/3.60 M33(SLIM) FAT:1.50 OFW LOLZ
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Icon_neutral
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by kidcash37 Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:50 pm

but ps3 less likley to over heat 360 overheats even wit da intercooler and ps3 has betta graphics 4 certain games and ps3 could update 360 cant and 360 falls down very easy standing up vertically.
kidcash37
kidcash37
Professional (lvl 8)
Professional (lvl 8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitar_Master Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:22 am

kidcash37 wrote:but ps3 less likley to over heat 360 overheats even wit da intercooler and ps3 has betta graphics 4 certain games and ps3 could update 360 cant and 360 falls down very easy standing up vertically.
the ps3 can stay on for about a 3 week without turning it off but it needs alot of space my friends cuzin did that and it havnt overheat goodjob2
Guitar_Master
Guitar_Master
Nerd (lvl 7)
Nerd (lvl 7)

Male Number of posts : 468
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different 634529
Registration date : 2007-12-28

http://www.myspace.com/guitarghf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 am

i want a ps3, but i cant afford!! is it comin out for pc?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by havoc802 Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:35 am

calumrulez wrote:i want a ps3, but i cant afford!! is it comin out for pc?

i only heard about ps3 and 360, but its possible. Every other gta game came out on pc. you will need some solid comuter to run that game.
havoc802
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:38 am

well ive got a laptop lol, so tht probz wont work lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by K@R10$ M33 Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:03 pm

im buying GTA IV and mafia 2, i never heard of the mafia series but from what ive seen it looks like a good game. the star wanted thing changed, thats cool. now it will be like Scarface: the world is yours except you wont be "fucked" when the DEA comes lmao.
K@R10$ M33
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 1287
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Empty
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:06 pm

K@R10$ wrote:im buying GTA IV and mafia 2, i never heard of the mafia series but from what ive seen it looks like a good game. the star wanted thing changed, thats cool. now it will be like Scarface: the world is yours except you wont be "fucked" when the DEA comes lmao.

haha lmao
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpain Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:37 pm

yeaaa i have ps3 i willl get that game cheers
danielpain
Script Kiddie (lvl 6)
Script Kiddie (lvl 6)

Male Number of posts : 322
Xbox GT : Dsicovering more hack for the ipod touch
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different 50371
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:43 pm

danielpain wrote:yeaaa i have ps3 i willl get that game cheers

lucky git!! lol Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash403 Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:24 pm

K@R10$ wrote:im buying GTA IV and mafia 2, i never heard of the mafia series but from what ive seen it looks like a good game. the star wanted thing changed, thats cool. now it will be like Scarface: the world is yours except you wont be "fucked" when the DEA comes lmao.
Ya the mafia series looks cool
Vash403
Vash403
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 1023
PSN : 4.01M33-2 TIME MACHINE=1.50/3.60 M33(SLIM) FAT:1.50 OFW LOLZ
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Icon_neutral
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by danielpain Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 am

the game really i want to buy is MGS4 cheers
danielpain
Script Kiddie (lvl 6)
Script Kiddie (lvl 6)

Male Number of posts : 322
Xbox GT : Dsicovering more hack for the ipod touch
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different 50371
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by K@R10$ M33 Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:57 am

danielpain wrote:the game really i want to buy is MGS4 cheers

yeah!!!! cheers king guns
K@R10$ M33
Staff
Staff

Male Number of posts : 1287
Mood : Grand Theft Auto IV: What's Different Empty
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next